Mickey Cutie Halloween Bats
When you're ready to start decorating for Halloween, don't fly under the radar. Instead, turn heads with a colony of bats -- aka mice -- in your belfry.
- Template for Mickey Cutie Halloween Bat
- Cardstock (black and white)
- Pipe cleaners
- Glue dots
- Monofilament for hanging the bats
- Glue stick
1. Print the first page of the template on a sheet of black cardstock and the second page on a sheet of white cardstock. (Or, you can print the template on plain paper and use the pieces as patterns for cutting out two bat bodies from black cardstock and a Mickey face from white cardstock. Then use a black marker to draw eyes, a nose, and a mouth on the face, as shown on the template.)
2. Cut a length of monofilament for hanging the bat and knot one end. Use a glue dot to attach the knot to the head portion of one of the two body pieces.
3. Cut a pipe cleaner length that is just long enough to stretch from wing to wing, and use glue dots to stick it in place on the same body piece as the monofilament.
4. Use the glue stick to apply a generous coat of adhesive to the body, going right over the pipe cleaner and monofilament knot. Then set the second black body shape on top of the first, matching up all the edges and firmly pressing down on the paper to stick the two layers securely together.
5. Glue the face in place, centering it below the ears, and your Mickey bat is ready to hang.