Flounder Photo Frame
Show off your favorite beach vacation memories in a photo frame decorated with Flounder, Ariel's closest friend!
- Flounder Frame Template
- Balsa wood craft frame, 6" x 5" (available at craft stores)
- 2.5" wooden craft circle (available at craft stores)
- Acrylic paint -- blue, yellow, white, black, and pink
- Seashells (collected from the beach or found at craft stores)
- Blue craft foam
- Low temperature glue gun
- Paint brushes
1. Before you get started, protect your surface with newspaper.
2. Paint the balsa wood frame blue and the wooden craft circle yellow. Set aside to dry.
3. Wash your seashells; once they've dried, paint them. While the paint is still wet, sprinkle them with glitter and set them aside to dry.
4. Once the yellow circle is dry you can draw or paint Flounder's face. Give him a half circle for his nose, a crescent-shaped mouth, and two round eyes. Let the paint dry between applications, as you layer on details like pupils and eyebrows.
5. Paint on Flounder's iconic blue stripes and his pectoral (side) fin, then let the paint dry.
6. While Flounder dries, print the fin templates, cut them out, and trace them on the craft foam.
7. Place a thin line of hot glue along the top edge of Flounder's body. Glue the inside rim of the craft foam dorsal fin to the circle. Use the same technique to glue on Flounder's back fin.
8. Use hot glue to attach the glittered shells to the frame, then glue Flounder to the lower right hand corner.
9. Place a picture of your favorite beach memory in the opening of the frame. Use tape to hold the photo in place.