Okuni's Compact Mirror
At the first-ever Cars World Grand Prix in Japan, both the competitors and their fans are expected to be in top form, and this stylish compact mirror is just right for checking the details. Crafted from paper and a few sparkly notions, the case reflects a touch of Tokyo.
- Okuni's Compact Mirror Template
- Scrapbook paper (white, a print for the kimono, and a solid color for the upper windshield)
- Glue stick
- Round compact mirror (about 2.75 inches wide)
- Glue / sealer
- Googly eyes (1/2 inch wide)
- Pair of small faux gems (about 1/4 inch) for side view mirrors
- Pair of medium-size faux gems (about 3/8 inch) for headlights
- Small sticker heart (about 3/8 inch wide) or a fine-tipped red marker for drawing a heart
- Fine-tipped black marker
- Flower sticker (or paper flower shape)
1. Print the template and use it as a pattern for cutting the pieces out of the specified colors of paper.
2. Glue the car hood piece atop the windshield, as shown.
2. Glue each car onto a black felt circle.
3. Glue the joined hood / windshield piece onto the car frame, as shown.
4. Glue the windshield visor in place.
5. Brush glue / sealer on the underside of the assembled car. Then press the car onto the mirror case, orienting it so that the face will be upright when the case is open. Press down on the paper edges to make them stick securely. Top the car with another coat of sealer to protect it.
6. When the sealer is dry (it shouldn't take long), stick the larger faux gems in place for headlights and use the smaller gems for side view mirrors.
7. For eyes, snip through the plastic of the googly eyes. Remove the black centers and glue them to the windshield.
8. Add a sticker heart mouth with a thin lip line drawn across it (or simply draw on a heart). Lastly, stick a flower to a corner of the roof.