His and Hers Clip-On Car Charms
In Cars 2, Mater makes a quick U-turn after mistakenly driving into a ladies' restroom in Japan. Inspired by the Japanese door icons meant to help avoid such mishaps, these felt charms make fun decorations to clip on a backpack, laptop case, or keychain. Or, you can attach them to your kids' suitcases for easy-to-spot ID tags.
- His and Hers Clip-On Car Charms Template
- Stiff felt (black and tan)
- Straight pins
- Hot glue gun
- Small faux gems (about 1/4 inch) for passengers
- Medium-size faux gems (about 3/8 inch) for headlights
- Jewelry jump ring and snap-hook clasp for each charm
1. Print the template and use it to cut out the pieces from the specified colors of felt. To cut out each of the car windshields, fold the felt with the template still attached. Then snip through the fold to make a hole in the center of the windshield, as shown, so you can insert the scissors and cut along the line. Use the same method to cut the center hole in both the boys' and girls' car roof ornament.
2. Glue each car onto a black felt circle.
3. For headlights, glue a pair of the larger-size faux gems onto each car. Then cut out a black felt grin (about 3/4-inch wide) for each car and glue into place.
4. Next, glue two smaller faux gems onto each car for the passengers' heads.
5. Attach a jewelry jump ring to the top of each tag, as shown (it's easier if you first use a pushpin to make a hole in the felt). Use pliers to close the ring and then attach a snap-hook clasp.