UP Finger Puppet Crafts
Get "UP" and embark on the adventure of a lifetime. With these finger puppet crafts, you can recreate the story of UP or use your imagination to tell a story of your own. These puppets are easy to make, and require only basic craft supplies that you may already have around the house. If crafting isn't your thing, try these UP printable finger puppets. Adventure is out there!
For characters, you'll need:
- Felt (clothing)
- Yarn (hair)
- Craft glue (such as Elmer's)
- Fabric paint (such as Puffy Paint)
- Black felt tip marker
For props, you'll need:
- Printable UP house template
- Small craft pom poms
- Pipe cleaners
- Blue foam board
- Cotton balls
- Stick-on magnets
- Green construction paper
- Popsicle sticks
- Brown paint
** All items of "clothing" are meant to fit your finger, so adjust pieces accordingly.
3. Glue white yarn (hair) to the fingertip, then the glasses. Draw Carl's mouth below his glasses using your felt tip pen. Glue the small square of white felt below Carl's mouth, followed by the bow tie, pants, and belt.
4. Finally, wrap the light brown sweater halfway around the finger so it covers the edges of the white felt shirt.
3. Glue Russell's hat to the tip of the finger, and draw his happy face with your felt tip pen.
4. Tie an orange pipe cleaner below Russell's face as a kerchief, and wrap Russell's uniform diagonally around the finger, as shown above.
3. Cut a brown felt circle for Dug's nose, then cut two small ears from light brown construction paper.
4. Place the nose on the fingertip, then draw eyes and a mouth with a felt tip pen.
5. Position the collar of shame below Dug's face, and secure it so that the upper end is wider than the bottom end.
6. Place Dug's dog collar below the collar of shame, then attach the ears to the fingertip.
Pack of Dogs:
3. Use a dab of white fabric glue for each of Kevin's eyes, then cut a beak from yellow construction paper and attach it to Kevin's head. You can color the tip of the beak orange, as shown above.
4. Cut off the cotton ends of two more Q-tips, and use the Q-tip shafts as Kevin's legs -- color them orange, and attach them to Kevin's body.
Note: Kevin is not meant to fit on a finger.
House: Make the house using this printable template.
Balloons: Attach pipe cleaners to pom poms of various colors.
Clouds: Make clouds using stretched out cotton balls. If you use blue foam board as your sky, you can make the clouds float by attaching magnets to the back of the clouds, and sliding other magnets behind the blue foam board.
Cliff: Break several popsicle sticks and glue the pieces to a piece of cardboard. Make sure some pieces stick off the side of the cardboard. Use a sponge to blot the popsicle sticks with brown paint -- this will make the cliff look more realistic.
Forest: Cut 15 - 20 triangles from green construction paper, then tape or glue them to a long, thin piece of cardboard.