It's hard to mistake Goofy for any other dog. After all, he dresses in big brown shoes and a bright orange shirt. But ask him what it is that makes him feel the most like his goofy self and he'll tell you it's his hat. Towering above his head, this bright green classic is great inspiration for a fun birthday party topper. Just pick up a few sheets of poster board, print out the template, and you can have all guests fitted in no time.
- Template for Goofy Party Hat
- Poster board (bright green and black)
- Glue stick or glue dots
- Black colored pencil or marker
1. Print out the template and use it to cut the top and bottom hat pieces out of bright green poster board. Cut the remaining pieces out of black poster board.
2. Glue the hatband to the lower edge of the hat top.
3. Glue the hat top to the hat bottom, as shown.
4. To add dimension, use a black pencil or marker to draw lines on the top and middle of the hat, as shown.
5. Glue the brow piece to the lower edge of the assembled hat, matching up the curved edges.
6. Now attach the ears by gluing the tops to the lower sides of the brow piece.
7. Next, make a headband by gluing the center of a long 1½-inch wide strip of black poster board to the back of the hat, as shown. Overlap the ends of the strip and glue them together to form a circle that fits around the wearer's head.