I made this for my moms friend who was turning 40. She wanted a replica of her very first car with all its flaws and comical history.
White cake with buttercream icing
Baked 4 12 x 18 cakes, stacked them, froze them, and carved into a VW Bug shape. Then I iced, airbrushed it orange and with a damp brush oxidized for the old look and decorated. This was my first carved cake and it was a huge!
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your cake is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!