this groom's cake is a double layer chocolate cake with buttercream filling, for the box, and the lid is Choc cake resting on a cake board raised with posts, covered in fondant, filled with candy and fondant bait. w/ fish shaped chocolate cake
2-1/2 cups all purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 6 squares (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter , softened 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar 3 eggs 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract 1-1/2 cups mil
bake and cool three rectangle cakes for tackle box, single layer for fish. on cake board, Stack two layer with filling, crumb coat and cover in fondant *choice of color* crumb coat third layer on cake board, cut board to cake size, set on cake and support the top front on two posts, back is attached with icing. fill tackle box with fondant and candy tackle and bait. add fondant details to tackle box like handle, edgeing, clasp. Take 4th cake and carve into fish shape cover in fondant. a straw was used to indent fondant into fish scales, eye was rolled fondant ball.
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your cake is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!