A friend asked me to make this for her mom's birthday. It was the last movie her mom had gone to see with my friend's grandfather before he passed away. She wanted to surprise her mom with it. She knew it would bring back good memories for her mom.
2 chocolate and 1 vanilla cake mixes. Fondant. Gum paste and wire. Wilton (blue & green) spray. Green, brown, black, yellow & pink food paste and buttercream frosting. Candy pearls and shimmer dust.
Baked marble cake and frosted with buttercream. Round cake sitting on top of square cake. Sprayed spots for water in blue and the rest of cake with green spray. Made lily pads and white flowers out of fondant. Colored fondant and made the frogs. Butterflies were made of gum paste, painted with shimmer dust and put on wires to dry. Cattails made of fondant and put on wire. Added green buttercream grass and pink buttercream flowers with yellow centers. Writing and a yellow border.
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your cake is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!