Minnie Mouse cake made for my niece's 4th Birthday.
Bottom tier is a chocolate cake filled with cookies 'n cream icing. Top tier is a vanilla bean cake filled with a vanilla custard and fresh strawberries. All decorations are done in fondant.
Formed bow and ears from fondant, cut out all fondant decorations and let air dry for 24 hours. Baked a 10" round cake and an 8" round cake. Layered and iced cakes and then covered with rolled fondant. Decorated with fondant decorations. Cut out Minnie head by hand from fondant. Finished with ribbon borders on both tiers.
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your cake is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!