My son's lovey he carries around with him everywhere is Eeyore, so I knew I had to do an Eeyore cake for his 2nd birthday. I was really happy with how it turned out, and he freaked out when he saw it.
Cake-white cake mix, flour, sugar, veg oil, vanilla, egg whites, sour cream, water. Buttercream icing-veg shortening, powdered sugar, almond flavor, water.
I made my cake into cupcakes and arranged them on the cake board. I then covered them in a base coat of buttercream. Then I took my Eeyore picture and taped it to the counter and then taped a piece of wax paper over it. I then traced the picture with piping gel. Once finished, I flipped the wax paper over onto my cake. I smoothed all the lines with my finger to imprint them onto the cake. After removing the wzx paper, I traced the outline with black icing and made it perfect. Then I just filled it in with colored buttercream.
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your cake is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!