This cake was made for a twins baseball birthday party. This cake was designed to look like a baseball field. All signs are personalized for the family.
The cake is half chocolate, half vanilla all iced in buttercream. The baseball is pound cake covered in fondant. The cupcakes are chocolate fudge, iced in buttercream to look like grass.
I frosted the cake in buttercream and then crushed chocolate cookies to look like dirt. I made the bases out of fondant. The ball is 2 halves, filled with fudge and covered in fondant.
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your cake is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!