Film reel cake for a movie buff.
Two-10 inch round cakes. Four-12 inch card board rounds. Fondant and edible movie pictures printed on wafer paper.
I baked and filled each cake before covering in butter cream frosting. I covered the four 12 inch card board rounds with fondant to create the top and bottom of the film reels. I painted the fondant tops and bottom with edible silver highlighting dust. I used rolled chocolate, tinted black to create the film tape around both cakes. I printed out movie posters on to edible paper using edible ink to place in the film strips. The tickets were made from rolled chocolate, tinted red. The popcorn was piped butter cream frosting than I painted the center of the popcorn with a little bit of brown food gel color to create the popcorn hull.
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your cake is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!