Our hometown heroine, Shawn Johnson, inspired my 4-year old this Halloween. After an unexpected meeting last April at a local mall, my daughter literally "flipped" for her! Our family was glued to the television in August as we watched our favorite gymnast win the gold in the 2008 Summer Olympics. You can bet that we were there to welcome her back to Des Moines at the big celebration at Wells Fargo Arena upon her return from Beijing!
Red leotard, USA lettering, artificial red roses, masking tape, yellow tissue paper, gold metal, patriotic flip-flops, pony tail, and killer smile!
Iron USA lettering on leotard.
Wrap masking tape around flowers. Cover with yellow tissue paper.
Tips for Taking a Great Photo:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your costume is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!