1 yard of white Felt
1/2 yrd brown felt
1 gold felt square
2 blk felt square
3yrds pellon peltex 70 stabilaizer
2 wooden dowels 7/16th1 yf of nylon webbing
1 small bin for dumpster (not in photo)
I used my son's toy Garbage truck as a model for his costume.
I first made a pattern out of gift wrap paper. Making each section and marking lengths of sides and top from bottoms.
I cut the Felt fabrics out, then cut the same peices from the stabilizer fabric (it gave it body). then matched and pinned items together. then cut felt logos out, windows, lights, grips and attached to items before assembly.
I then attached cab to back side of truck (2 sides), then attached front of truck to both sides and the back of truck. leaving a 10 " opening for him. I sewed the straps in the opening to go over his sholders.I also cut the dowels down into 4, 2 for side and front and back. to Give it more body.I hand sewed them inside of completed body. His arms became the skids of truck and the small plastic bin is his dumpster and trick or treat candy holder.
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your costume is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!