Cardboard for tires and other accessories on truck
Red wrapping paper or construction paper
Silver wrapping paper
Black construction paper
Yellow construction paper
Glue and/or clear packaging tape
2 plastic yogurt container cups
Scissors or box cutter
Cut a circle in the top of the box for the body and arms to come through. Attach 2 straps of ribbon over the top to hang the box over the child's shoulders like suspenders. Do this by making small slits with a box cutter or scissors in front and behind the cut out hole you have made. Thread the ribbon through the slits and tie to secure.
Covering the box:
(NOTE: When attaching paper, cardboard, and accessories you may use glue and/or tape, whichever seems to work best for you)
Cover the box with red wrapping paper or construction paper. Use silver wrapping paper for the front grill and bumpers as well as the center of the tires. Cut 4 circles from cardboard for tires. Use black contrusction paper to cover tires and make windows. Add smaller silver circles for the tire centers.
Cut out a cardboard ladder. Use red construction paper for headlights and tail lights. Paint an empty yogurt cup red for red siren. Cover another yogurt cup with yellow construction paper for yellow siren. Decorate sides with drawn water hose and cut out silver dials.
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your costume is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!